Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lens Review: Luxury Babe 02

Lens: Luxury Babe 02
Color: Violet
Diameter: 17mm*
From: Uniqso


*Bullshit

Website photo
I like these lenses, a lot. They're bright, pretty, doll-like and comfortable. But once again, they look retarded on my light blue eyes. Like a sticker decal stuck to my eyeball. Shame...they're really cute. I really like the thick black outer ring, some people don't because it's so unnatural. But how natural are you gonna get with purple-freakin contacts? Go big or go home! LOL. Nah, just kidding, I have seen some subtle, natural looking violet lenses. These, however, are not them. My main issue with these lenses is not the ridiculous way they make me look, but the diameter claims. 17mm is what the bottle says. It also says 17mm on the Uniqso website. But, to be fair, I'm sure they were just going by what the bottle said. There is no way these lenses are 17mm. It drives me nuts when manufacturers do that. They put what they consider to be the "enlarging effect" of the lens on the bottle, instead of the actual diameter. Actual diameter of these lenses is 14.5mm, not 17mm. How do I know? I measured. Here is a comparison photo, the top/left lens is my beloved iFairy Casper lens, 16mm (I measured) compared to the Luxury Babe lens. 17mm? You tell me:
16mm iFairy lens on the top left, LB lens "17mm" on the bottom right
Anyways! LOL here are some photos.....


They look alright from a few feet away, but close-up..I dunno...
:)

1 comment:

  1. They are pretty indeed wauw hahaha i get what you mean by that it doesnt ' fit ' nicely with your own eyes i hate that too thats why i mostly choose ones with a wide opening and i always google for more reviews/pictures!

    But they do look cute on you!

    ReplyDelete