Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Pink Gyaru" Nails


I found these things on Ebay...they're these little molds. You add acrylic (powder+liquid) any color (I've only used white so far. After I add it with my brush, I used an old credit card to scrape the excess off the top. After you let it dry for a few minutes, you have pretty little things you can glue onto your nails (or anything else). I got a bunch of them including ones with bows (my favorite), hearts, lace, and various flowers. It was hard to get a good shot of them but here they are:

If you click on the pic it will get larger.

So I used the lace mold and made some pretty cool lace strips. They were difficult to glue on my nails, the sides kept flipping up. I think it may have had something to do with the crappy nail glue I was using. I used some bows, roses, hearts, and rhinestones, all purchased from Ebay and this is what I came up with:
The process
(I taped the sticks to a shoebox in order to easily paint them).




Actually, the bow on my thumb in this pic is one
that I made from the mold, and added the rhinestone in the center.

I'm really happy with them, I think they came out cute. I will be using my acrylic molds more to make more stuff to glue on my nails lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment