Sunday, May 13, 2012

Acrylic Nails: My brief history via pictures (lots of pics)






So I was super bored one day and was on YouTube. I came across these nail tutorials; people were teaching how to do acrylic nails. I was fascinated and decided that was to be my new hobby. I went to my local Sally Beauty with a list and got everything I needed. It was much more difficult than it looked, I soon discovered. After much practice, I was able to make them not look like shit. Of course I'm still no professional and they don't look that great by any means, but they are getting better! Here is some of my work. I put the first sets I ever did first, down to the more recent. I actually haven't done any nails in about a month and a half because mine were getting so thin from the acrylic practice!
First set! They don't look horrible, but up close they were pretty uneven.


 
Maybe a bit too much nail "art" ?


Second set











 
These are the most recent (about 2 months ago!)

This is from when I tried water marbling-lmao-NEVER AGAIN
This one, and the one below are the only 2 that came out kinda OK!

Now, these are not all of them, but I didn't want to post 100 pictures here :) And I am aware they're not the best, but I'm still learning. YouTube is a great place for nail tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment