Monday, May 14, 2012

Deco iPhone Case

I get a lot of questions about my phone case. Almost everywhere I go at least 1 person will stop me and ask me where I got my phone case. Some of them look like they don't believe me when I say I made it. I guess that's a compliment :)


Anyways, I am super proud of this case. It took me about 8 hours to make. Honestly, it's not that special compared to some of the cases I've seen online, but these aren't common where I live so it looks really cool to someone that's never seen one before! I purchased all the pieces on eBay (I'm such an eBay whore) from several different sellers. I also bought a few clear cases for a few dollars. I got the glue (E6000) from a craft store. 
There are people selling these online. There were some as low as $4.99 from China, but the reviews were terrible and they just looked cheap and poorly made. For one that looks almost like mine, someone wanted $80. I was not willing to pay that so I turned once again to YouTube and figured out how to make my own. I'm glad I decided to do this because I got exactly what I wanted now instead of someone charging me an arm and a leg just to make me something I'm not even sure I'll like, right?
I'm totally new to this style of art and I think I did a pretty good job. And I'm not artistic AT ALL. So I would say almost anyone can probably do this with a little patience! Contact me if you are interested in where I got this stuff from.

No comments:

Post a Comment