Monday, May 21, 2012

Deco Nails!

This is something I've totally been wanting to do for a long time! Ever since I made my phone case and I started seeing all the amazing deco 3-D nail designs that are so popular in Asia! I had ordered some small roses a while ago for my phone case, they didn't arrive in time so I didn't use them. They came in the mail today and I thought they would be so perfect for some nail art. ^_^
This is what my nails looked like this morning. Those are the eBay nails, I thought
they looked better as just an "accent" nail!
So I got on YouTube because I had seen tutorials on making things out of acrylic, like roses and bows. It took me a while but I finally started to get it! They looked like crap at first lol.
I used one of my dual form molds to make them on so
they would be curved and stay on my nail better!

I made about 40 of these before they started looking decent!
You can tell which ones I made first, and which ones I made last :)


Then I painted my nails with my nail art polishes. I've never been very good at this but it's ok because I was covering them up with stuff anyway. :D
I ended up painting over that deformed heart on my middle finger hehehe

I am not very good at this part LOL!!


Next, I added the bows, roses, and couldn't forget the rhinestones!! I think they are pretty cute for my first attempt at this! I used nail glue but I'm wondering if I should have used craft glue for this? It would have been easier if I made the nails, then put them on, but I already had nails on my fingers so I just painted them like that!




UPDATE: Omg these things are so freaking annoying! They keep getting tangled in my hair LOL!! But so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment